Doing a detailed spring clean up is a great way to awake from your winter slump and prepare for the bright summer ahead. You probably have collected a whole lot of junk over the winter and now is the time to go through everything and clear out. It’s also a great opportunity for a deep clean, not just what’s visible right in front of your eyes but in the dark corners of home.
Check out the below spring cleaning checklist for some ideas in each area of your home:
Spring Cleaning Your Garage
- Take the big stuff out. Actually, take out everything!
- Wash down your garage preferably with a high-pressure hose.
- Get several large boxes and tough plastic bags
- Use the boxes to categories the stuff you’re going to keep
- Be ruthless. Use the plastic bags to throw out everything else!
- Purchase what you need to organise all your equipment. Remember everything needs to have a place.
- Place what you are going to keep back step by step, making sure everything is accessible
Kitchen Spring Cleaning
- Start with a general clean-up of your kitchen and discard anything you do not use
- Take out all rubbish and disinfect bins
- Take everything out of your cupboards and clean inside
- Organise cupboards putting back only what you need and use.
- Deep Clean: All kitchen appliances
- Deep Clean: Under your sink
- Deep Clean: Refrigerator throwing out what you don’t need.
- Deep Clean: Defrost and clean Freezer
- Wipe down all surfaces
- Vacuum and mop floors
Bedrooms Spring Cleaning
- Remove clothes from closet and throw away what you don’t need and reorganise
- Remove clothes and items from draws and reorganise
- Wipe inside and out of cupboards and wardrobes,
- Dust down ceiling, paying special attention to corners
- Clean furniture
- Polish mirrors
- Wipe down pictures
- Wipe down windows and clean frames
- Dust light fixtures and lamps
- Wash bedsheets, pillows and clean mattress
- Vacuum carpet and under furniture
Bathroom Spring Cleaning
- Remove all items from cupboards, clean and reorganise
- Disinfect toothbrush holders
- Polish bathroom mirror
- Deep Clean: Shower floor and glass
- Deep Clean: Toilet making sure to disinfect
- Take out and disinfect rubbish bins
- Wipe down knobs, and toilet paper holder
Living Room Spring Cleaning
- Dust and polish all surfaces
- Wipe window sills, frames and window edges
- Wipe mirrors, pictures and ornaments
- Wipe skirting boards, light switches and door frame
- Vacuum and mop floor
Elm Cleaning – Spring Cleaning Melbourne
We understand that spring cleaning your entire house or apartment is not an easy job. The whole process can take some time. If you work full time you may even need to sacrifice a full weekend to get it done properly.
For many years, we have helped people all over Melbourne with their annual spring cleaning. So, if you find yourself too busy to do it yourself feel free to give us a call on 1300 941 498 for an obligation free consultation. Otherwise click here to find out more about our spring cleaning services.