Your oven is one of the most important appliances in your kitchen so it is really important to keep your oven clean at all times. Nobody likes a dirty oven so we recommend you clean it regularly. A clean oven will make your cooking more enjoyable.
What you will need:
- Warm water
- Laundry powder or dishwashing liquid
- Soft sponge
- Drop sheet
- Vacuum cleaner
- A bath tub is excellent for soaking oven racks and oven trays.
- Laundry trough is also recommended if you don’t have a bath tub.
- Do not use solvents or strong abrasives as this may damage the inside surface.
- Do not spray oven cleaners on self cleaning surfaces (Pyroletic oven) for more information please get in touch with your nearest supplier.
- Please read your oven instructions, you should be able to Google the model number to find the instructions if you have lost them.
- Cover surrounding areas with drop sheet as it can be messy
- Vacuum or wipe out debris inside the oven
- Spray any stubborn marks including fat deposits inside oven with Clean Juice or anything that has citrus base product and let it soak for few hours. For the best result, soak it overnight.
- Put an old towel on the base of the bath tub as you might scratch the enamel and fill up your bath tub with warm water and add dishwashing liquid or washing powder and put all your oven racks, oven trays and soak it for few hours. Again, leaving it overnight will deliver the best result. If you use washing powder it is slightly abrasive so it will be easier for scrubbing. Use a soft sponge and wipe it clean and leave it to dry.
- Wipe out oven and clean any fat deposits with a sponge or damp cloth, if the fat deposit is baked on, you can use a plastic spatula, a flat wooden scraper or any wooden kitchen utensils for scraping and wipe it out clean.
- Put all your metal racks and your oven trays back in to your oven.
- Spray the oven exterior with citrus base product as it will get rid of any fat residual and stickiness.
- Wipe out the oven exterior with damp microfiber cloth.
Thank you, we hope this helps!
Elm Cleaning is a residential house cleaning company operating around Melbourne’s Bayside suburbs such as Camberwell, Albert Park and Malvern East. We can clean your wall oven for you as an added extra to our regular house cleaning or end of lease cleaning for you (additional fees apply).