For those of you who plan to host Christmas for friends and family, we wish you all the best for the coming festivities. We hope your day turns out perfectly as you’ve planned it!
But as great as your day and night will be, you will be the one cleaning up after the big party. For this, we have prepared a bit of a checklist and some friendly reminders to help you with your after party cleaning.
Get it done as soon as possible
I know it’s hard but the best time is always right after the party finishes. As soon as your guests have left start to do a basic clean-up of your home. This means:
- Take all cutlery, dishes, and cooking utensils to the Kitchen and wash
- Get the rubbish bags ready and throw out anything you don’t need
- Move all tables and furniture outside and sweep and vacuum floors
- After doing this make sure to mop the areas
- Wipe down all surfaces especially the kitchen
- Move everything back into the house putting tables and furniture back where they were
Check Your Carpets and Furniture for Stains
This is unfortunately, one of the downsides of hosting parties at your home. Accidents will happen so it’s always good to do a good once-over of all the carpets and furniture in your home. The last thing you want to do is let the stains sink in and stain. It’s best to deal with it immediately.
Some stains are really hard to get out. If you can’t remove the stain you may want to consider carpet steam cleaning. We find that in most cases, steam cleaning will help you get that bad stain out. But in the rare occasion steam cleaning doesn’t work it may be worth replacing that specific area of the carpet.
Taking Down Your Christmas Tree
Sad I know, but eventual your beautiful Christmas tree must come down. So here’s a few tips to get you going:
- Don’t just throw everything into a messy box for next year. Try and help your future self out by neatly organising ornaments and decorations. If you’re super organised you can even try labeling the boxes!
- Whether you have a real one or an artificial tree you take out each year remember to take down the tree carefully.
- Once you have taken down your tree, remember to vacuum up all those flaky green needles. You don’t want to be picking up bits of your Christmas tree all the way into February.
We hope these tips will help you in your clean up after Christmas. But in saying all of this you may just want to kick your feet up and enjoy the holidays. We understand so don’t worry we have you covered.
Elm Cleaning works throughout the holidays. We specialise in After partly cleaning of all types whether it be new years, Christmas, or any other event.
So if you’d rather relax over the holidays give us a call on 1300 941 498 or visit After Party Cleaning and see how we can help you.